Monday, October 27, 2008
Below is just an extract from the above site:
Yes, we all should support Raj Thackeray and take his initiative ahead by doing more...
1. We should teach our kids that if he is second in class, he shouldn't study harder, just beat up the student coming first and throw him out of the school.
2. Parliament should have only Delhiites as it is located in Delhi.
3. Prime Minister, President and all other leaders should only be from Delhi.
4. No Hindi movie should be made in Mumbai. Only Marathi movies must be made there.
5. Buses, trains, flights should be stopped at every state border and staff should be changed to local men.
6. All Maharashtrians working abroad or in other states should be sent back as they are 'snatching' employment from locals.
7. Lord Shiva, Ganesha and Parvati should not be worshiped in our state as they belong to north (Himalayas).
8. Visits to Taj Mahal should be restricted to people from Uttar Pradesh (UP) only.
9. Relief for farmers in Maharashtra should not come from Centre because that is the money collected as tax from whole of India, so why should it be given to someone in Maharashtra?
10. Let us support Kashmiri militants because they are right in killing and injuring innocent people for the benefit of their state and community.
11. Let us throw all MNCs out of Maharashtra. Why should they earn from us? We will open our own Maharashtra Microsoft, MH Pepsi and MH Marutis of the world.
12. Let us stop using cellphones, emails, TV, foreign Movies and dramas. James Bond should also speak Marathi.
13 We should be ready to die hungry or buy food at 10-times higher price, but should not accept imports from other states.
14. We should not allow any industry to be set up in Maharashtra because all machinery comes from outside.
15. We should stop using local trains as trains are not manufactured by Marathi manoos and the Railway Minister is also from Bihar.
16. Ensure that all our children are born, grow, live and die without ever stepping out of Maharasthra, then they will become true Marathis.
We need to make it clear once and for all, we are Indian first. Mumbai is Mumbai because it is a part of India.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Everyone should understand that this is not the only reason for the oil price shoot up. May be the financial institutions may speculate but it cannot be constant. I believe that the major financial companies are just one of the causes of this price shoot and not the only cause. These price rise were predicted long time back by some of the well known economist (based on general and fundamental ecnomic theory - we need either more supply OR less demand).
Just think off, what if if you have abundant oil (just like 10-15 years back) ?? How it will be possbile for the financial firms to increase the price just like that if you have oil in abundant?? if you have abundant oil all over the places (ie., supply is much much higher than demand), what the best can financial firms do to price hike?? Practically it is impossible. So the basic economic theory is either you should have abundant supply OR you should have lesser demand, when both are not coming well, the world hit. so, the basic economic theory proves that financial institutions just cannot be the only cause for the price hike.
I think everyone will accept that oil supply through out the world is not sufficient. ie., demand for oil is much much higher than its supply. When demand is high and supply is less, it is very obvious that the price will shoot gradually.
Currently, we are buying drinking water (is it just because that water companies are providing clean water?? Just think what if in future if you din;t find much water?? Demand will increase in its own pace, but no supply. Autmatically the price for water will increase to an unexpected level over the period and these financial instituions may be part of it).
I think many knew that the current price rise of Indian rice in local Indian shops at USA. It again acts in a fundamental economic theory. Supply of rice is less, but the demand is high. So, obviously the price goes high (increase in rice price rise starts from local shop keepers and it goes all the way to rice cultivators). Same theory apply for the world's major financial institutions too. They are just like another shop keeper (but in much bigger way).
Look at the US Oil price index for last couple of years. (in 2004 1 Gallon is $1.99, from than on it slowly increased to $4.00 now). Its not an overnight shoot up (ie., the price doesn;t increased from $1.99 to $4.00 over night. The price increased gradually based on supply and demand theory). In India, its slightly different scenario. The Indian Govt., didn;t increase the oil price gradually (the bigges mistake they have done it knowingly) and just because of that the Indian govt., and the common man are suffering now.
To my common sense, either one should happen in the forthcoming years:
- Increase in oil supply
- Replace oil with some alternative (no just 10% or 20%, but 50% atleast)
- Demand for oil has to be reduced
In the above 3 points, the first 2 is not going to happen atleast in the next 10 years. So I believe, demand for oil will grandually decrease and automatically the price will come down. The reason why I feel this ways is, for the comman man, always there will be a limit (sub-consciously) registered in the mind. And it looks like we are almost reaching to that level. How I am concluding this?? Simple. I have started reducing the travel, very consious in spending in oil for past few months. Since I am common man, I hope most of the people will have the same thought and will try to execute same plan (through out the world). So, in the coming future, obvisouly the demand will come down to certain level and the oil price will also come down to certain level. In the mean time, products alternate to oil will slowly capture the market too.
Hope my view points helps!!